You are a business owner with a prospering business. You have put the hard work to get your business off the ground, it's now successful and making profits.
Although you enjoy the day-to-day running of the business you do occasionally dream of an eventual "Capital Event" where you can sell up, make your millions and just sit on the beach relaxing after all your years of hard work. However, you know that selling your business could be hard, and you may only get 3x earnings, often on a deferred earn-out basis over several years. So, you carry on working in the business and dream that "one day I'll sell"
What if I told you that you could:
- Keep and continue to run the business for as long as you want
- Have cash and LIQUID publicly traded shares NOW for your business
- Get an offer which will be much better than the usual deferred 3x earnings
I'm working with Unity Group, a Private Equity firm with a successful new strategy called "Agglomeration". We're working with businesses that fit certain criteria ( see below) to help their owners achieve much greater wealth, profit, and business growth.
In a nutshell what we do is the following:
- Find a few SME businesses that are complementary and in the same sector
- Roll them up into a "Virtual Merger" (This then increases the bottom line and market capitalization)
- Float the new rolled up group
What happens after floating?
From there on – business as usual. You continue to stay on in the business and run it as you see fit. You can have as much or little involvement with the other businesses as you want.
However, you're now part of a much larger organization so can: Lean on a much larger balance sheet to get those larger contacts that were previously out of reach due to either not having enough turnover or market cap. Cross selling opportunities with the other SMEs in the group. Many other benefits
SME Owner Benefits
There are many, here are just a few...
Wealth Creation: You as the owner of the SME give up your private shares for publicly traded stock ( plus some cash – see below ). This allows you to then do something such as pay off the mortgage on your house. You can also later ( see below ) sell chunks of your shares to release more cash as and when you see fit. When it comes time to move on from the business and retire or start a new challenge, Unity Group and the other like-minded business owners can help find you a successor.
Has this been done before ? Yes and no – any SME that gets bought out by and merged into a larger business (think WPP / Ogilvy etc) effectively trades their private shares for public stock and cash. However what we're doing is new in that we are merging several SMEs together to float a completely new enterprise. Unity Group has done this already with The Marketing Group PLC.
- Access to world-class consultants and mentors
- Join a Mastermind group with like-minded people
- Get to join the board of a Global, Publicly Listed PLC
- Instant access to "hot-desking" facilities in various parts of the world (USA, Singapore etc.)
Criteria List for Agglomeration
Your business is:
- Established for at least 3 years
- Debt free1
- Make £300K+ profit per year 2
- Growing and in a growing market
- Life Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Property Services
Notes from above
- 1) Trade Creditors, Asset Finance such as Hire Purchase, Asset Lease agreements are fine. Mortgaged freehold property is also fine but we may wish to separate this out from the main company
- 2) Smaller businesses – we may be able to work with you. Phone or email for discussing options.